climbing in the high mountains

climbing in the high mountains

Sunday 4 July 2010

starting to taper.

After what seemed like ages to get over the Dave Lloyd mega challenge, I am starting to feel fresher and the last 3 rides this week felt good.
A turbo session doing the normal climbing DVD, seemed to be a lot easier now, compared to how it felt when I tried it out for the first time at Christmas.
Saturday was a nice 20 mile recovery ride which was just plain enjoyable, not pushing and just enjoying the blue skies.
And today was a local club ride done at a pace that seemed tailor made for me, slow start, just chatting and seeing the miles go by, sheltered behind other club members might I add, and then the middle section was done with me on the front, followed by the last third, which was a massive 3 mile long sprint, where although I was the slowest, and finding myself at the back! my endurance soon started to pay off and I was able to pick the other guys off one by one, until I was leading and I then decided to back off up near the main road junction.
So two weeks to go now, next Sunday my bike goes away to the travel company with me following the next Friday.
It`s getting close now!

No comments:

Post a Comment